XdT is one of the most exclusive wines in the world.
And that's because there are very few things on this planet that are considered something unique, unrepeatable. One of them is XdT.
At the beginning of the 21st century, an abandoned millenary cellar built in the Middle Ages was restored. The wine produced in this historic vestige became a "cult" wine, a luxury good that can not be replicated. XdT is a unique combination of tradition and vanguard in winemaking.
It is 15 years since the first XdT wine was made. To this end, a Limited Edition of 1,000 bottles has been created to commemorate this special circumstance.
It is a unique, elegant wine, immune to fashions that is made with the best vineyards of La Rioja, in the Sonsierra subzone.
XdT is an exceptional wine, destined to prestige the wines of Spain.
Specialized media from different parts of the world have highlighted some of XdT´s cellar and wine distinctive elements in the last two decades:
-"Restored a Visigothic cellar of the 7th and 8th centuries",
- "The oldest winery in Rioja".
- "XdT, a cult wine",
- "A cathedral of wine",
- "XdT, tradition and ancestry",
- "New wine, ancient winery",
- "Sometimes the history of a wine can captivate as much as its flavor"," Impressive wine",
- "Over a thousand years old in the heart of Rioja",
- "A unique wine, surrounded by history and myths everywhere",
- "XdT is a wine of worship and memory",
- "The heirs of the marquis of Ximenez de Tejada have restored the cellar and museum which is considered a Cathedral of wine",
- "Excavated in stone a thousand years ago, the oldest in La Rioja, which nevertheless has been a pioneer In the introduction of the Spanish oak in the barrels",
The XdT wine is a special collection wine, whose features are unique. This is how they have been described by some of the most prestigious wine critics in Spain and around the world:
"The result is a different wine, complex and especially subtle", "Red fruit aromas and memories of spices with a slight touch of wood, In the mouth it is robust, but kind. Fleshy but with easy passage, sweet and rich", "A special wine that is of those who prestige the vineyards of Spain."
Since then, XdT has been produced only in selected vintages and in limited numbered quantities. It has been marketed among very few members of the winery in Spain, in Italy, in France, in Holland, in the United States, mainland China, Hong Kong and Macao....
That´s the reason why XdT has not ceased to be a good of so limited availability that by many has been considered as a "good outside of commerce", almost impossible to acquire ....
There are several reasons for the fascination: the history of the old winery and of the owners' ancestors, the unusual grape mixture, the innovative use of Spanish oak, the avant-garde winemaking without losing the elegance and subtlety.
Whatever XdT element catches your eye, the quality of a unique, innovative and timeless wine is probably the most relevant of them all.